Facebook

Please follow me on my page.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Beauty of the Insects


I took these pictures a few weeks ago while I was sitting by the lake with my wife Deanna, I always have my camera just in case a good opportunity shows up for shooting.







While I was relaxing in the shelter at the George Poston Park I found this caterpillar on the ground and caught my attention. It has beautiful colors and so many legs. Difficult to describe but impossible not to admire. 

So I looked for my camera and took different shots. First I had to place the caterpillar on a small branch so he could pose for the camera.  Then I moved around it to find different background colors, then I decided to experiment with different lense filters. Using a speed light I was able to create beautiful photographs. I was also using 50 mm lenses, I wish I had smaller than that to be able to get closer to it. 


I took the spider's photographs at the McDowell  Park in Charlotte, by Lake Wylie.







No comments:

Post a Comment